Athletic competition is ultimately defined by what happens between the out-of-bounds marks, whether it’s the sidelines in football, boards in hockey or baseline in basketball, though a lot of media attention focuses on stories outside the field of play. Twitter, a popular social media site among celebrities and athletes alike, has given the common spectator unprecedented access inside the day to day personal lives of star players, for better or worse. While some certainly do use the site to promote their own brand and give informative insights, a healthy dose of twitter-happy athletes end up doing more harm than good. Particularly in collegiate athletics, where competitors must walk a tight line just to remain eligible, it seems as if Twitter is an unwelcome news pipeline. Whether it’s typing without thinking, exposing facets of college life universities/athletic departments would rather not see disclosed, Direct TV, or the ease with which unprepared young men are exposed to a barrage of personal praise and criticism with each passing game, a Twitter account is a modern day Pandora’s Box for the big time college athlete. Read the rest of this entry »
National Football League wide receiver Titus Young has set a football record for being arrested three times in a week.
His latest arrest was for allegedly breaking into a home in San Clemente, California. When sheriff’s deputies arrived at a home, they spotted the St. Louis Ram’s receiver running the 40-yard dash down the street. However, Young broke his post pattern after considering that he wasn’t faster than a speeding bullet from a deputy’s pistol.
The officers nabbed him after a Read the rest of this entry »
A man was arrested this week for breaking into a house. What makes that surprising? This particular guy was a Canadian hockey player who broke into a house in south Texas. Not exactly your garden variety arrest for breaking and entering, especially when you put the words “hockey” and “Texas” in the same sentence.
Scott Timmins of Hamilton, Ontario is a forward for the San Antonio Rampage. San Antonio has a hockey team? Now that’s surprising. The Rampage is a team in the American Hockey League, and they are actually Read the rest of this entry »
Nothing breathes a stronger competitive spirit than that of a sibling rivalry. Taking that rivalry onto the court of a professional sporting event only compounds the drive to win. Professional sports have witnessed numerous siblings competing against one another over the years. The Williams sisters in professional tennis are likely one of the most notable and newsworthy sibling rivalries in recent years. Most siblings are simply part of a team, rarely competing one on one against their relative. One attribute often overlooked when following these rivalries is the emotional toll placed on the parents. Often times, parents of sibling Read the rest of this entry »
Sex appeal is something that can be talked about amongst anyone and EVERYONE. If you have ever watched basketball and gained a crush on a few of the players then you are going to enjoy this post. We have put together our own personal line up and put together the top ten best looking NBA players.
1. Al Horford is considered to be one of the hottest NBA players in the game. He was born in the Dominican republic and is the center for the Atlanta Hawks. Standing at 6ft 10 inches talls, he tops the chart with his sex appeal on and off the court.
2. Rudy Gay plays for the Memphis Grizzlies and has been chosen to apart of our top ten list. What makes him sexy? His smile sets off not only his sex appeal but his “cute as a button” radar. Not only does his smile bring satisfaction to a lot of women’s hearts but his tall, masculine body isn’t all that bad to look at either.
3. OJ Mayo plays for the Memphis Grizzlies and he is just worthy of the name “sexy.” He might not be as tall as a glass of water but he definitely carries the sex appeal that many of the other players do. His brown, flawless skin and impeccable smile sets him up to be one of the sexiest guys on the court.
4. Gerald Green whom plays for the Boston Celtics has given all the women something to talk about. His performance on the basketball court has proven him to be the hottest in the game. His dunking skills are just as overwhelming as his sex appeal.
5. Devin Lamar light skin, tall frame and low hair cut is what makes his hot. Of course we can’t count out the tattoos on his arm. His body is like a work of art and doesn’t have any problems show casing it to the world. His passion turns him into a super hero will rolling up and down the court.
6. Ronnie Brewer’s chocolate and mellow skin along with his tattoo covered body makes him out shine some of his other fellow team mates running for the hottest player on the court award. His full lips and seriousness on the court makes his even more sexier than his counterparts.
7. Daniel Gibson is more on the cute side. And behind the cute there is always a bad side. As a player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, he plays the game and he plays the game great. What makes him hot! His relationship with his mother.
8. Derrick Rose has been in the game for years and he has always been popular amongst the women. His light caramel skin and short demeanor is what makes him hot to trot. He may be a little shorter but he is definitely sexy. From his goat tee to his tattooed arms. His high cheek bones alone are quite intriguing and hard to not stare at.
9. Rajon Rondo has taken the Celtics to a different level. His dark chocolate skin and tall frame, makes him one of the hottest guys on the court. The seriousness he proclaims on the court makes him absolutely appealing to the young and the old.
What makes Chris Paul hot his boyish smile and tall sex appeal. His brown skin and wide smile can make any woman melt. Watching him play with the Hornets can make watching basketball the best thing since sliced bread.
The NFL is loaded with gorgeous men as well as talent. The top 10 best looking men in the NFL are:
10. This is a tie between brothers Ronde and Tiki Barber. This brother duo is extremely talented and very handsome. Women can choose between the good or bad brother.
9. Eli Manning of the New York Giants. Manning is adorable and a dream for any woman.
8. Matt Leinhart, quarterback fr the Arizona Cardinals. Handsome player both on and off the field. Leinhart is the ultimate unattainable playboy.
7. Vernon Davis, San Fransisco 49ers. He is the type of man that makes you wish you were a fly on the wall in the locker room.
6. Chad Ochocinco, Cincinnati Bengals. Ochocinco is gorgeous with a sense of humor to match. He must have a sense of humor considering his name change.
5. Wes Welker, New England Patriots. Chiseled perfection and so hot even other men agree.
4. Braylon Edwards, New York Jets. Hot with or without his beard. One man who is better to look at than speak too.
3. Terrell Owens, Cincinnati Bengals. Owens is gorgeous in a uniform and helmet as he is without.
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots. Brady is as loved for his football skills as he is for being completely gorgeous.
1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings. Peterson is without doubt the most beautiful man in the NFL.
When considering the sport of baseball, there are several great looking players out on the field. From Derek Jeter, to Alex Rodriguez, being the more famous ones on the field, there are several other small name players that are also well known, for their great looks, as well as their play on the field. Other names such as Brad Penny, or David Ortiz, have also been thrown around as great looking athletes in the MLB, but are not nearly as well known as the other stars, due to the fact that they do not get as much TV time, nor do they play for such a well known team as the Yankees. There are several stars in the MLB who have been known in magazines as some of the best looking athletes in the game, but do not get the same style of attention. Others like Albert Pujols have also made the list in the past, as has Matt Damon, and several other pitchers around the league. So, whether you are watching for the game, or to see your favorite player flash a smile during the game, there are several great players to keep an eye out for in the MLB.
Little Known Facts About The Winning Super Bowl Team
The winning Super Bowl team for the last year was the Packers. They brought the Lombardi trophy back where it originated. After losing the quarterback Bret Farve, Arron Rogers took his place. Many wondered if Arron could aide in delivering the Packers into a winning streak, and he indeed found himself fitting the shoes of the last quarterback. This Wisconsin based team, the Green Bay Packers, found themselves going head to head with the Steelers. Many were hoping to see Bret Farve, and Arron Rogers battle for the championship. Many do not know where the name of the Green Bay Packers originated. One may have found that the Packer’s name derived from the meat packing industry. The Green Bay Packers are owned by the stockholders. A numerous number of fans are stockholders of this monumental team. They were founded in the year 1919, and were joined into the national football league two years later. Many find themselves dedicated to this football team as if they are family. Masses of fans were crushed when Bret Farve left the Packers. Most of these fans now find themselves dedicated to Arron Rogers for bringing them to the Super Bowl. Reggie White was found to be one of the most popular players on the team. He was also one of the first free agents that the Packers signed on. Russ Letlow was the first ever drafted member of the Packers. Vince Lombardi took the Green Bay Packers into their first ever Super Bowls. The trophy was then named after him. All the teams hope to win the trophy and bring it back with them for a year. The packers found themselves winners of 12 NFL championships. The Packers are a very beloved team; the fans are devote, the players are pumped, and the general outlook is positive.
There are many great hairdos in the NFL right now, but it is hard to pick the top one. There are so many different styles they can be hard to compare, but we will sure try.
First up is Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews. His hair looks like it would be more suited on the head of someone from Whitesnake, but the linebacker made it to the Pro Bowl in just his second year. He couldn’t compete however because he was busy helping his team win the Super Bowl. I guess the rock star hair Read the rest of this entry »
Ten Reasons To Date An NFL Player:
1. Great seats to games, even if your boyfriend plays in Dallas.
2. Never have to wait for a table again at a restaurant. And even if you do have to wait: drinks are more then likely on the house.
3. With an entourage like his, you never have to worry about being afraid to walk back to the car (even if you are dating a kicker).
4. With a maximum season length of Read the rest of this entry »